Coronavirus Precautions and Jummah Prayer
Dear brothers and sisters, AssalamuAlikum
As the novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) is having a greater impact in the United States including some parts of Pennsylvania, we wanted to take the opportunity to share some important precautions derived from Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
These guidelines include:
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms, (having fever, sneezing, coughing, sore throat) to limit exposure to others in community – that means avoid public gatherings including Friday prayers and Schools at ISGH.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover a cough or sneeze – preferably with a disposable tissue.
• Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
In addition we are recommending these steps for Jummah Prayer.
• Make wadu at home.
• Bring your own prayer rug and wash it afterwards.
• Avoid hugging and handshake.
• Individuals for whom Jummah is not obligatory upon, such as old, weak, sick, women, children and travelers should not come to Jummah prayer.
• Disperse right after finishing your ferd prayer.
We continue to closely monitor the situation and will provide updates to ensure the safety of our community members.
Ya Allah protect us all from this disease. Ameen
“Allahumma inni a’udhu bika minal-barasi, wal- jununi, wal-judhami, wa sayyi’il-asqaam”
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to supplicate with this dua.