Policies of ISGH
Islamic Society of Greater Harrisburg (ISGH) Policies:
- Activities or events deemed un-Islamic or contravening any local, state or federal laws are strictly prohibited on the premises.
- Weaponry of any kind is strictly prohibited at the premises.
- Absolutely no public announcements, speeches, notices, distribution or placement of printed materials are permitted on the premises without the prior written approval from ISGH council. Any unauthorized material will be removed.
- No personal or private business or solicitation of any kind may be conducted on the premises.
- It is prohibited to remove or take away anything belonging to ISGH without prior approval from ISGH council.
- Only the appointed Imam or his designate(s) may lead Friday congregational prayers.
- Islamic dress code must be followed when entering the premises.
- Foul language is never to be used on the premises; and arguments, disputes, or other disruptions to the sanctity of the mosque will not be tolerated.
- Individuals must always turn their cell phone to vibrate, silent, or off while in the prayer areas.
- Standing around the entrances in groups is prohibited as it is a safety issue and causes discomfort for female worshipers.
- It’s the Parents/Guardians responsibility to keep close watch on their children, keep them safe, make sure the children do not disturb others during prayers/lessons/lectures and prevent the children from damaging the masjid properties.
- ISGH is not liable and/or responsible for children left unattended inside or outside the ISGH complex.
- Overnight stay in the masjid is not allowed without prior-approval or permission (i.e. Itikaf during Ramadan) from ISGH council.
- No animal is allowed at the premises.
- No activities during ferd (mandatory) congregational prayers.
- A parent or guardian must supervise children less than 8 years of age.
- No spitting, yelling, or foul language.
- Islamic dress code must be followed. For males, any shorts worn must cover the knees.
- No food, except during authorized events.
- No sport activity on date and time of scheduled program.
Activities or events deemed un-Islamic or contravening any local, state or federal laws are strictly prohibited on the premises. ISGH assumes no liability arising from injuries sustained on the premises. Activities are conducted at participants' own risk. Failure to abide by any of the above may result in suspension of gymnasium privileges.
Parking Lot Rules:
- Overnight parking is not permitted without prior approval from ISGH council.
- Park at your own risk. ISGH is not responsible for vehicles and their contents.
- Unauthorized, improperly parked or leaky vehicles will be towed away at vehicle owner's expense.
- No smoking or music on premises.
ISGH assumes no liability arising from any injuries sustained on the premises. ISGH complex is monitored 24 hours by video surveillance. Suspicious activities will be reported to the police.